I received my order of helicopter parts and thought they shorted me some bearings. The website had a photo of 4 bearings and that's what I thought I was paying for.
On 06/03/11 at 3:50PM EST I called Trend Times customer service to see about the missing 3 bearings. I was immediately floored by the extremely rude, obnoxious, nasty customer service agent. He called himself Michael. There were moments in the conversation that left me speechless and in disbelief. How is it possible that they could treat customers this way and still be in business?
I was very friendly from the beginning, but it did not matter to this angry, vicious customer service agent. He said things like "You can't understand a simple product description and now you are pissed!" I am a respectful adult and business person. I don't use words like "pissed." I would never use words like that with my customers. He accused me of trying to get something for nothing. His tone was condescending, threatening, and very mean.
I am a 43 year old man and have had many life experiences with bad products and challenging customer service encounters. I have never had an experience that remotely compares to this one. This is my first ever written complaint.
At the end of the call, Michael seemed to admit that the ad was misleading and offered to ship me 3 bearings free of charge. He said it in these words and in his rotten tone, "Do you want me to ship you 3 bearings free of charge? Will that make you happy?!!" I said sure.
I received an email shortly after the call confirming the order. I was still shaking and upset from the encounter. I was very angry and regret that I gave them any of my hard earned money. The email was from Samantha Redding and appeared to by a legitimate order confirmation. I just looked at the email again and realized it was for 3 separate individual bearings and still not the original 4 of the same bearing that I wanted to begin with. If Michael shut his nasty little mouth for a moment and understood my complaint, he could have maybe gotten the order right.
I was concerned that this company was going to try to bill me for these parts anyway, so I immediately got on the phone with American Express to put a block on any future charges from Trend Times.
Well, it's been almost 2 months now and I still haven't received the free parts Michael promised me. I didn't think I would. I have been buying the same parts from a company in China for less money and with friendly service. I was always anti-China as far as where I send my money, but I learned on June 3rd that China is a much better place to send my money than this awful Trend Times company in El Monte, California. There are many places to get the hobby things you are looking for. Stay away from Trend Times.
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We went to Save a lot to buy a few things like we always do but this week May-21-2015 we picked up a Gallon of 2% milk (White) and got..."
- "Purchased a durablend leather couch and loveseat from Ashley 2 years ago it started cracking and peeling everywhere. Called the MFS protection plan said not covered normal wear and tear...."
- "I purchased a couple v2 Pro Series 3, wax cart, loose leaf cart and several e liquid carts. Not one of these items works properly or as advertised. Customer service..."
- "I bought The piece of The ... This plan. And them Say it's gir 5 year. The sofa it's have some rips, tears And start To open and The back...."
- "My elderly Aunt, who is on a fixed income, saw an ad in her Sunday newspaper for the "Heavenly Blessing" Christmas Tree Nativity Collection. My Aunt placed the order..."
- "Anytime Fitness is a sketchy money hungry corporation that puts financial gain over customer convienence. If you think it's an easy cancellation process... Think again! If you think it's an..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."
- "I had been purchasing a Redmi Note 3 from ezbuy Malaysia (65daigou); placing the order on 3rd Aug 2016 and receive the phone on 13rd Aug 2016. Upon the reception..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."